The Nansemond River Lighthouse at the entrance to the Nansemond River near Suffolk, Virginia is where John Filmore Hudgins served at from 1895 to 1896 and again from 1906 to 1907. Shortly after the lighthouse was deactivated in 1935, it was demolished. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Jul/Aug 2018
Grave Markers Placed by Chesapeake Group
All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2018