Digest>December 2008

Photo By:


Darlene Chisholm

Photo Caption:

Deer Island Thorofare Lighthouse on Mark Island near Stonington, Maine as it appeared from the deck of the Wanderbird. In 1958 the keeper’s house was damaged in an explosion and fire and was subsequently demolished. In 1998 ownership of the lighthouse was transferred to the Island Heritage Trust as part of a wildlife refuge.
Back to the edition of: December 2008


Our Lighthouse Adventure on a Restored Fishing Trawler
Back to the edition of: December 2008

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History