Nearly 150 years after it was first constructed, the lantern room atop the Lighthouse Inn on Cape Cod has received a makeover. Originally the 1855 Bass River Lighthouse, the building was expanded and converted to an inn in 1938 after being discontinued by the government. It was later relit and is privately maintained as the West Dennis Light.
The work performed by Marty Nally and Clem Fraize of the Campbell Construction Group of Beverly, Massachusetts entailed removing six broken glass panes and replacing them with new 1/4” plated heat-reated glass. The task was completed during ideal weather in late March 2002.
In a related story, Bob and Mary Stone, the longtime owners of the Lighthouse Inn, have been selected to receive a Hospitality Award from the Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism at the 15th Annual Governor’s Travel and Tourism Awards Dinner, in recognition of their “dedication and commitment to serving the public at the Lighthouse Inn.”
For more information call the Lighthouse Inn at 508-398-2244 or visit their website at www.lighthouseinn.com.
This story appeared in the
June 2002 edition of Lighthouse Digest Magazine. The print edition contains more stories than our internet edition, and each story generally contains more photographs - often many more - in the print edition. For subscription information about the print edition, click here.
All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.