Members of the Florida Lighthouse Association received a rare opportunity to climb the Gasparilla Island Lighthouse at their recent quarterly meeting in Boca Grande, Florida.
Previously known as the Boca Grande Entrance Rear Range Lighthouse, the structure originally stood in Delaware until it was discontinued in 1918, disassembled in 1921 and subsequently reassembled at its current location in Florida.
This story appeared in the
September 2010 edition of Lighthouse Digest Magazine. The print edition contains more stories than our internet edition, and each story generally contains more photographs - often many more - in the print edition. For subscription information about the print edition, click here.
All contents copyright © 1995-2023 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.