In 1974, the Delaware State Division of Fish & Wildlife decided to demolish the lighthouse due to the hazard it evolved into over the years from vandalism and a series of fires.
Height of Focal Plane: 47
Description of Tower: White, brick, two-story dwelling with a short tower leading to the lantern room on the roof.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1831
Date Deactivated: 1912
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Duncan Stewart (1831-1854), Margaret Stewart (1854-1862), Joseph B. Benson (1862-1908), William J. Salmons (1908-1912), Edward W. Long (1912)