This lighthouse was destroyed by Hurricane Flossy on Sept 25, 1956. An historical marker at the intersection of Lighthouse Drive and Beach Road in Hampton, VA commemorates the lighthouses.
Tower Height: 30
Description of Tower: White, conical brick tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1829
Date Deactivated: 1936
Date Automated: 1915
Optics: 1829: Ten lamps and parabolic reflectors.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: William Jett (1829-?), R.F. Johnson (?-1915)