Canadian Coast Guard
After the original lighthouse was discontinued circa 1910, the Cap Brûlé Range, established in 1875, continued until 1972. At that time, a new automated light was built on the site of the former front range light and given the name Cap Brûlé Light.
Tower Height: 15
Height of Focal Plane: 135
Characteristic and Range: Iso white 2s; range 6 miles (2003).
Description of Tower: Red and white square skeleton tower, with fluorescent orange daymarks on three seaward faces.
This light is operational
1870: White, square wooden tower; dwelling nearby (discontinued circa 1910).
Date Established: 1870
Date Present Tower Built: 1972
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.