Avery Rock Light was demolished in a 1946 storm. The light was replaced by an automatic flashing buoy 100 yards from the site of the lighthouse.
Height of Focal Plane: 54
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red (1931), visible for 13 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Square tower on roof of brick keeper's house.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1875
Date Deactivated: 1946
Optics: 1875: Fifth order Fresnel lens.
Fog Signal: Fog bell (1931), one stroke every 10 seconds.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Warren A. Murch (1894-?); Edward T. Spurling (c. 1898-1899); Charles W. Allen (1913-?); Elson Small (1922-1926); Edwin Pettegrow (Pettigrew) (c. 1926).