Around 1850 a daymark was erected at Bullock's Point in the Providence River to mark dangerous shoals. In 1872 a portable beacon was installed on a granite pier; a lighthouse was built in 1876. The Hurricane of 1938 undermined the pier beneath the lighthouse and did great damage to the building itself. Bullock's Point Light was discontinued shortly after the great storm and the structure was torn down a few years later.
Height of Focal Plane: 50
Description of Tower: Square tower on roof of wooden keeper's quarters, on stone foundation.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1872
Date Deactivated: 1938
Optics: 1876: Sixth order Fresnel lens.
Fog Signal: 1907: Fog bell.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Joseph Bower (Bowes ?) (1872-1875), George M. Burrough (1st asst., 1873), G. B. Smith (1st asst., 1873), Joseph Larie (1st asst., 1873), G. M. Geaue (1st asst., 1873), Joehn J. Weeden (1875-1877), George W. Doane (1877), Stephen A. Hopkins (1877-1885), Charles Pogh (1885-1906), William Thomas Tengren (1906-1909 and 1918-1927), John F. Anderson (April 1, 1909 to Oct. 1, 1910); Arthur Baldwin (1911-1914), Willis Green (1914-1915), Charles C. Fletcher (1915-1916), Julius Johnanson (Johanson or Johansen ?) (1916-1918), Andrew Zuius (1927-1938)