U.S. Coast Guard
The Brewerton Range is one of the final turns for vessels entering Baltimore Harbor. This light was originally mounted in the Hawkins Point
Lighthouse adjacent to Fort Armistead, across the Patapsco River from Fort Carroll. The lighthouse was demolished in 1924 and the range light was relocated to the substructure of the lighthouse.
Height of Focal Plane: 38
Characteristic and Range: Flashing green (24 hours)
Description of Tower: Pyramidal skeletal tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1868
Date Present Tower Built: 1924
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
An excellent view can be obtained from the pier at Fort Armistead Park (thanks to Jim Slechta.)