Canadian Coast Guard
This tower has been gradually crumbling since it was discontinued and abandoned in 1959. According to a visitor to this site, the Canadian Coast Guard tried to pull the tower over sometime after 1959, causing much of the damage that can be seen today. Besides the remains of the tower, only two walls of the keeper's dwelling remain. An active skeleton tower stands close by.
Tower Height: 54
Height of Focal Plane: 51
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white, visible for 12 miles.
Description of Tower: Conical stone tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1856
Date Present Tower Built: 1856
Date Deactivated: 1959
Date Automated: 1912
Current Use: Abandoned.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Keepers: John Gerow (Giroux ?) (1856-?), Henry Van Dusen (18??), Wilson Bentley (1868-1873), Lafayette Bentley (1873-?), Robert Pye (c. 1878-1898), D.O. Spencer (1898-1903), Cyril Spencer (1903-1912), B.Y. Cunningham (last keeper) (1912)