Canadian Coast Guard
Construction of the two range pillars began in 1929 and was completed in 1931. They were replaced by new pillar towers in 1964-65. The rear light of the Downstream Range was initially located on a pole on the front pier of the Upstream Rear Light.
Tower Height: 24
Height of Focal Plane: 28
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white; range 18 miles.
Description of Tower: White, rectangular building with a fluorescent orange daymark, slatwork in the upper portion, and a black stripe.
This light is operational
1931: Lantern on a pole on white, square, reinforced-concrete dwelling, on an octagonal concrete pier with sloping sides.
Date Established: 1931
Date Present Tower Built: 1965
Date Automated: 1970
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Keepers: Joseph Tremblay (19? - 1946), Georges Tremblay (1946-1966), Richard Tremblay (1967-1970)