The inner head is the end of a wall dividing the outer dock from the inner one. Michael Spencer reports that this tower consists of "two fixed green lights formed from lorry [truck] rear lights, with green plastic covers. Used to have a covering window, but all external glass broken. Held together mostly by rust."
Tower Height: 23
Height of Focal Plane: 20
Characteristic and Range: Two fixed green lights; focal planes 16 and 20 feet.
Description of Tower: White conical metal tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1860
Date Present Tower Built: 1860
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.