This lighthouse was housed in the tower of the church and convent of San Francisco, built in the 16th century. During its period of activity, the lighthouse was known only as Veracruz: the name "Faro Benito Juárez" was given after 1910 to commemorate the fact that it was here that Benito Juárez decreed reform laws in 1858-60. The lighthouse was replaced in 1910 by the lighthouse currently known as Venustiano Carranza.
Tower Height: 75
Height of Focal Plane: 102
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 60 seconds, visible for 15 nautical miles (1904).
Description of Tower: Lantern on the tower of the church of San Francisco.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1872
Date Deactivated: 1910
Current Use: Landmark.