The Tour du Guet (watchtower) dates back to at least 1302. It served as the main Calais lighthouse from 1818 to 1848, and was declared a historical monument in 1931. The appearance of the medieval tower has changed considerably since World War II.
Tower Height: 125
Description of Tower: Stone tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1818
Date Present Tower Built: c. 1300
Date Deactivated: 1848
Current Use: Landmark.
Open To Public? Grounds only.