Bureau des Phares et Balises
The bricks of the original lighthouse here were very porous and let in the humidity and rainwater, causing a serious moisture problem inside the building and necessitating major repair work in 1917. The lighthouse was blown up in June 1940, and rebuilt in 1951.
Tower Height: 92
Height of Focal Plane: 312
Characteristic and Range: Three flashes every 12 seconds (occulting light), visible for 18 (white sector) and 14 (red) nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White conical tower with a red top; dwelling nearby.
This light is operational
1892 White circular brick tower, 75 feet tall.
Date Established: 1892
Date Present Tower Built: 1951
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!