Canadian Coast Guard
This lighthouse was moved from Gin Rock to its present location in 1900. It serves as a front range light, with Beausoleil Island Light serving as the rear range light. The keeper's house is is used by Canadian Coast Guard search and rescue students during the summer.
Height of Focal Plane: 40
Description of Tower: White, square, wooden pyramidal tower with red lantern.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1900
Date Present Tower Built: 1878
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, private residence.
Open To Public? No.
Accessible by boat only. The lighthouse can be viewed from Beausoleil Island, which is part of the Georgian Islands National Park. A rugged hike on the Georgian Trail leads to a view of the lighthouse. Call (705) 756-2415 for more information on the park.
Keepers: Israel Mundy (Gin Rock: 1878-1884), William Baxter (Gin Rock 1885-1899, Brebeuf Island 1900-1931), Clifford Paradis (1931-1962).