The original lighthouse here was blown up by German troops in August 1944. The new tower is very similar to the original, except that a gallery has been added and the light is now shown through a round window. The light serves as a rear light for the Bas-Sablons Light. This range is used in conjunction with the range formed by the Grand Jardin and Rochebonne lights to enter the harbor of Saint-Malo.
Tower Height: 121
Height of Focal Plane: 226
Characteristic and Range: Fixed green; range 24 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Square stone tower with a gallery. The light is shown through a round window at the top of the tower, above the gallery.
This light is operational
1868: Square stone tower, upper part painted black on the side facing the alignment, light shown through a rectangular window; 116 feet tall, focal plane height of 221 feet.
Date Established: 1868
Date Present Tower Built: 1948
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!