This unusual lighthouse is within Door County's Ridges Wildlife Sanctuary. It has been replaced as an aid to navigation by a nearby steel skeletal tower.
Tower Height: 21
Height of Focal Plane: 22
Description of Tower: White, square wooden tower with octagonal wooden lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1870
Date Present Tower Built: 1870
Date Deactivated: 1969
Optics: 1869: Fifth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Part of wildlife sanctuary.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
From Highway 57 North, take Ridges Road to the Ridges Wildlife Sanctuary and the range lights.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Fabian Trudell (1869-1872), Marcus Shaler (1872-1875), Joseph Harris Jr. (1875-1881), Hans L. Hanson (1881-1882), George Larson (1882-1888), John Millidge (1888-1896), Henry Gattie (1896-1923)