Bureau des Phares et Balises
This is the rear light of the Trieux "alignement" or range, with La Croix serving as the front light. The original lighthouse was completely destroyed by German troops in August 1944. Its replacement, built in 1947-49, was given a very unusual daymark.
Tower Height: 75
Height of Focal Plane: 180
Characteristic and Range: Directional light; quick white flash; range 22 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White, semi-circular stone tower attached to a massive white wall that serves as a daymark.
This light is operational
1867: Five-story square tower with a gabled roof, flanked at the rear by a wall that formed part of the lighthouse as a daymark.
Date Established: 1867
Date Present Tower Built: 1949
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!