City of Burlington
Two small wooden lighthouses were established in Burlington Harbor in 1857 at the north and south ends of the breakwater. The lights were rebuilt and moved several times, and at times there was only one light in service. A third (middle) light was added in 1890. The north and middle lights were replaced by skeletal towers in 1925, and the south light was replaced in 1950. In July 2003 work began on replicas of the north and south lighthouses, and they were completed in early September 2003.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1857
Date Present Tower Built: 2003
Current Use: Active aids to navigation (replica towers).
Open To Public? No.
Keepers: George Beckwith (7/14/1856-?)