This lighthouse burned down by Confederate forces in 1862. It was replaced by Point Aux Herbes Light across the lake.
Height of Focal Plane: 39
Description of Tower: Two-story dwelling with 12-foot tower on roof.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1848
Date Deactivated: 1862
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: John Wadsworth (1848), Vincenzo Scorza (1848-1862, captured by Confederate forces in 1862, later escaped from Camp Moore).