On September 1, 1912 the new lantern at Barbers Point Lighthouse, now accommodating a new 4th order Fresnel lens was lighted for the first time. The new lens can be seen in the tower. At the bottom left of the photo, the dome, or roof, of the old lantern can be seen lying on the ground. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2015
Barbers Point Lighthouse
All contents copyright © 1995-2017 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2017