Port George District Lighthouse Society
Contact Address Information:
12366 Shore Road E.
The appearance of this lighthouse changed sometime between 1930 and 1945. It is unclear whether it was rebuilt or simply given a lantern and gallery at that time. Ownership of the lighthouse was transferred to the Port George District Lighthouse Society in May 2002. The group has made many improvements to the property.
Tower Height: 25
Height of Focal Plane: 31
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red (before 1999)
Description of Tower: White, square pyramidal wooden tower with red trim.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1889
Date Deactivated: 1999
Date Automated: c. 1973
Current Use: Under restoration.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
From Route 101, take Exit 18. Go left on Junction Road. At a stop sign turn left in Route 362 North and proceed about three miles to a stop sign at Moshers Corner. Go left and continue about 3.5 miles to the lighthouse.
Keepers: Rupert Parks, Don Banks, Everett Schnare