Age of Sail Heritage Centre
Contact Address Information:
P.O Box 14
In 1981 this lighthouse was moved to the Coast Guard College in Sydney, Nova Scotia. In 1998 it was moved to the grounds of the Age of Sail Heritage Centre in Port Greville.
Tower Height: 25
Description of Tower: White, square pyramidal wooden tower with red trim.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1908
Date Present Tower Built: 1908
Date Deactivated: c. mid-1970s
The Age of Sail Heritage Centre includes displays on the lighthouse and area shipbuilding. There is also a tea room and gift shop. The museum is open May 24 to September 30, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, except Mondays.
The lighthouse and museum are on Route 209, 20 km (12.4 miles) from Parrsboro.
Keepers: Ernest A. Hatfield (1908-?)