After being discontinued in 1934, the light station was sold into private hands. It cannot be seen from the mainland.
Tower Height: 31
Height of Focal Plane: 54
Description of Tower: White cylindrical granite tower attached to workroom.
This light is not operational
1875 1.5 story wood frame keeper's house; 1905 oil house, two storage buildings.
Date Established: 1853
Date Present Tower Built: 1853
Date Deactivated: 1934
Current Use: Private residence.
Open To Public? No.
Viewable only by boat. Robertson Sea Tours Adventures offers a Scenic Island Cruise that includes the lighthouse; see www.robertsonseatours.com for details.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Joseph Brown (1853-1855); Wyman Collins (1855-1859); Daniel Chipman (1859-1860); George L. Upton (1869-1876); Solomon Y. Kelliher (1877-1880); Ambrose Wallace (1880-1882); Warren A. Murch (1882-1885); James M. Gates (1885-1893); William C. Gott (1893-1905); Albert R. Mills (?); Charles E. Tracy (c. 1929); N. B. Fickett (c. 1935); Herman C. Brewer, assistant (1899-?).