Lester B. Pearson College
Contact Address Information:
650 Pearson College Drive
This light station is now used as a station for the study of marine biology.
Description of Tower: Conical granite tower with alternating black and white horizontal bands.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1860
Date Present Tower Built: 1860
Date Automated: 1997
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, marine ecological reserve, research station.
Open To Public? By special arrangement only.
Boat rentals are available in Pender Bay; permission is needed to land on the island.
Keepers: George Davies (1860-1866), Thomas Argyle (1867-1888), Albert Argyle (1888-1889), W.P. Daykin (1889-1891), Frederick Eastwood (1891-1919), Arthur Anderson (c. 1950, drowned in service), Mike and Carol Slater (1990-1997)