Estonian Maritime Administration
The original lighthouse here was substantially rebuilt in 1760. The top of the tower was rebuilt in 1803, and a new lantern with 16 lamps and reflectors was later installed. In the 1880s, cliff erosion let to the decision to build the current tower at a distance of 600 feet from the cliff.
Tower Height: 171
Height of Focal Plane: 232
Characteristic and Range: One white flash (5s) every 15 seconds, visible for 12 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Conical brick tower
This light is operational
1724: Stone tower, 39 feet tall.
Date Established: 1724
Date Present Tower Built: 1889
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.