Canadian Coast Guard
Height of Focal Plane: 125
Characteristic and Range: Occulting white light.
Description of Tower: Conical cast iron tower with red and white spiral bands.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1902
Date Present Tower Built: 1902
Date Automated: 1997
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Access to the island of Ramea is by ferry from Burgeo, or by private boat or helicopter. A road from the community of Ramea leads to the lighthouse.
Keepers: John Cheffey (1902-?), Vincent Moores (c. 1949), George Albert Keeping (c. 1962-1997)