Town of Cow Head
The lantern of this lighthouse was replaced in 1952. After being abandoned for some years, the tower was restored in 2002.
Tower Height: 18
Height of Focal Plane: 141
Description of Tower: White, conical steel tower, with wooden lantern. tower with red trim.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1909
Date Present Tower Built: 1909
Date Deactivated: 1988
Current Use: Historic landmark.
Open To Public? Yes.
A marked hiking trail leads to the lighthouse.
Keepers: J. L. Payne (1946-1952)