Description of Tower: 1856: Square tower on wooden dwelling (focal plane 45 feet). Later replaced by 45-foot cast-iron cylindrical tower with skeletal framework support, moved in 1941 to Leonardo to become the front light of the Chapel Hill range (now known as Conover Beacon).
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1856
Date Deactivated: ?
Current Use: Destroyed (original structure).
Keepers: Thomas Compton (1856-?)