Saugerties Lighthouse Conservancy
The Saugerties Lighthouse Conservancy was formed in 1985 and restored and relighted the lighthouse. More than 10,000 new bricks were used in the restoration.
Tower Height: 46
Height of Focal Plane: 42
Characteristic and Range: Oc W 4s; range 5 miles.
Description of Tower: Square brick tower attached to two-story dwelling.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1836
Date Present Tower Built: 1869
Date Deactivated: 1954-1990
Current Use: Bed and breakfast inn, active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Yes.
On weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Columbus Day guided tours of the lighthouse are available between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. The tours include the opportunity to climb the tower.
Detailed directions are available on the Saugerties Lighthouse website at www.saugertieslighthouse.com. The trail (about a half-mile) to the lighthouse may be wet at times of high tide. There is a dock so those who arrive by boat can tie up and visit.
Nearby Lodging: Call (845) 247-0656 for overnight reservations at the lighthouse.