Northern Lighthouse Board
This light was established in 1889 about 250 yards to the seaward side of the high light. In 1950, after changes to the shoreline, a new octagonal concrete tower about 15 feet tall was erected about 250 yards closer to the water. The original 20-foot cast-iron tower was installed on top.
Tower Height: 33
Height of Focal Plane: 33
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 3 seconds.
Description of Tower: Octagonal tower, red upper portion and white lower portion. (Upper half is cast iron; lower half is concrete.)
This light is operational
Date Established: 1889
Date Present Tower Built: 1950
Date Automated: 1993
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!