When erected in 1863, these towers were mounted on moveable bases so they could be realigned as the channel changed. (They are no longer moveable.) The towers were sold to a local authority in 1922, and they were restored in the 1980s. In 2005, both towers were leased to Tony O'Neil, custodian of the Harwich High Light.
Description of Tower: Two cast iron skeletal towers with enclosed upper portions.
This light is not operational
Date Present Tower Built: 1863
Date Deactivated: 1917
Current Use: Historic attraction.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The two towers are located just off Lower Marine Parade in Dovercourt.