The original lighthouse here (it still stands but has been neglected and is in severe disrepair) was replaced in 1959 by a pyramidal metal tower with an automated light. That second tower was replaced in 1972 by a 50-foot square, skeleton tower, which is still active.
Tower Height: 80
Height of Focal Plane: 100
Description of Tower: 1831: White conical stone tower with red horizontal bands. 1959: 80-foot square, pyramidal metal tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1831
Date Present Tower Built: 1831
Date Deactivated: 1959
Current Use: Abandoned.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
For information on travelling to Anticosti Island and its lighthouses, contact Sépaq Anticosti, 801 ch. St-Louis, Suite 125, Québec City, QC, G1S 1C1, Canada; phone: 800-463-0863 (toll free in Quebec), or 418-890-0863; web: www.sepaq.com. See also www.safarianticosti.com/en/accueil_en.html
Keepers: John Elias Hammond (1831-1840), Ed Pope (1840- 1857), Ed Pope, Jr. (1857-1895), Herbert Pope (1895-1899), Zéphirin Lemieux ( 1900- ?), Placide Duguay, Sauveur Duguay, Roger Poulin, Evariste Ferguson (1957-1958)