Municipality of Metis-sur-Mer
The station is currently (2002) being used by the Canadian Forest Service as a research station.
Tower Height: 52
Height of Focal Plane: 69
Characteristic and Range: Three white flashes every 7.5 seconds.
Description of Tower: White, hexagonal concrete tower with red lantern.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1874
Date Present Tower Built: 1909
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, research station.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
From Highway 132 about 1.5 miles west of the village of Métis-sur-Mer (Metis Beach), follow a road marked "Lighthouse" for about 2 miles. The road is private but visitors are tolerated. Ask permission from the research staff before entering the grounds of the lightstation. (Thanks to Michel Forand.)
Keepers: J. Jules Martin (1874-1879); Jules-Gabriel Martin (1879-1906); Elisée Caron (1906-1936); Octave Gendron (1936-1954); Georges Fafard (1954-1958); Emile Chouinard (1958-1959); Evariste Ferguson (1959-1970).