Canadian Coast Guard
The original lighthouse and dwelling were burned by the Canadian Coast Guard when the present tower was erected in 1980.
Tower Height: 30
Height of Focal Plane: 77
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every 4 seconds, visible for 8 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White, cylindrical fiberglass tower with no lantern, two red horizontal bands.
This light is operational
41-foot, square wooden tower attached to dwelling.
Date Established: 1879
Date Present Tower Built: 1980
Date Automated: 1968
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Keepers: John Perry (1879-?), Albert Arnold (?-1968)