Canadian Coast Guard
The original lighthouse here was replaced by a 30-foot skeleton tower in 1992. Three years later (spring 1995), the lighthouse fell to the bottom of the cliff due to sea and wind erosion.
Tower Height: 30
Height of Focal Plane: 73
Characteristic and Range: Two white flashes every 6 seconds; range 8 miles.
Description of Tower: 1914: 46-foot white hexagonal concrete tower with six buttresses and a red lantern; focal plane 66 feet.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1914
Date Present Tower Built: 1992
Date Automated: 1987
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Keepers: Cyrille A. Landry (1948-1967), Paul Adrien Vigneault (1970-1987)