Réserve écologique de la Pointe-Heath
The lighthouse no longer stands; it was replaced by a square skeleton tower in 1965. The light on the skeleton tower was automated in 1973. The light was discontinued in 2002 and the skeleton tower was removed in 2003. There is a white aerobeacon light on the 123-meter tall communications tower located at the station.
Tower Height: 129
Height of Focal Plane: 130
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 7.5 seconds; range 17 miles (1938).
Description of Tower: White, circular tower with one red band, and a red lantern. The tower was raised from 100 feet to 129 feet circa 1907-08.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1835
Date Deactivated: 1965
Current Use: Destroyed.
The site of the former lighthouse is not accessible by land.
Keepers: Barney Bradley (1835-1849); M. Roche (1849-1852); Charles Julyan (1852-1863); Zéphirin Duhamel (1863-1868); Thomas Gagné (1868-1889); J.Z. Gagné (1890-1900); A. Tremblay (1900); Georges Masson (1900); Christophe Hubert (1900); Marcel Gallienne (1953-1956); Jacques Landry (1956-1959); Yvon Element (1959-1965); Léon Element (1966-1967); Roger Poulin (1968-1970). Also (dates unknown): Christophe Hubert; Georges Masson; Narcisse Rioux.