This lighthouse was replaced by a skeleton tower in 1953. A resident of the area bought the abandoned 1895 lighthouse in the 1930s for $15 and with the help of friends, dismantled it and transported the lumber, windows and doors to Cloud Bay, using it to build a house. It's been reported that the 1904 "pepperpot" lighthouse here is still standing.
Tower Height: 23
Height of Focal Plane: 34
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white, visible for 11 miles.
Description of Tower: 1904: White, square wooden tower; dwelling nearby.
This light is not operational
1895: White, square wooden tower.
Date Established: 1895
Date Present Tower Built: 1904
Date Deactivated: 1953
Current Use: Unknown.
Keepers: Thomas Alexander Craig (c. 1895-1910?)