Canadian Coast Guard
The front range light was originally shown from a small octagonal light on a pier in the river, moved in 1879 and replaced in 1908 by a lantern on a concrete pier. The current front tower is described as a platform on two cylindrical masts, with a black stripe on an orange daymark.
Tower Height: 55
Height of Focal Plane: 73
Characteristic and Range: Two fixed green lights, one visible for 17 miles, the other for 6 miles.
Description of Tower: Skeleton structure with an enclosed upper portion, and a black stripe on an orange slatwork daymark.
This light is not operational
1844: White, octagonal wooden tower; 39 feet tall. 1879: White, octagonal wooden tower; 36 feet tall. 1908: Brown, square skeleton tower with an enclosed watchroom and a white slatwork daymark; 62 feet tall.
Date Established: 1844
Date Present Tower Built: ?
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.