Canadian Coast Guard
This light was established to mark a rocky shoal that extends almost a mile to the northeast. The keepers' dwellings and other buildings were all removed or demolished by 1991. Erosion is a major problem here, which necessitated the installation of a new light tower further from the edge of the cliff in 1990.
Tower Height: 37
Height of Focal Plane: 98
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 5 seconds, visible for 15 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Square, steel skeletal tower with enclosed lantern.
This light is operational
c. 1975: approx. 20-foot fiberglass tower.
Date Established: 1876
Date Present Tower Built: 1990
Date Automated: 1990s
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Keepers: James E. Croucher (c. 1890s), Leo McGrath (assistant, ?-mid-1980s), George Thomas (1977-1991)