Canada Science and Technology Museum
Contact Address Information:
1867 St Laurent Blvd.
PO Box 9724, Station T
K1G 5A3 ,
This lighthouse was originally erected at Cape Race in Newfoundland in 1856. In 1908 it was relocated to Cape North in Nova Scotia. It remained in service there until 1980, when it was moved to Ottawa's Canada Science and Technology Museum.
Tower Height: 46
Description of Tower: Cylindrical cast iron tower with red and white checkerboard pattern.
This light is not operational
Optics: A third order Fresnel lens that was used when the lighthouse was in operation at Cape North is still in place.
Current Use: Museum exhibit.
Open To Public? Grounds only.