The original lighthouse here was destroyed by fire in the early 1930s. It was replaced by a light on a freight shed on the government wharf. A skeleton tower was built on the wharf in 1957, then moved in 1983 when the wharf was demolished.
Tower Height: 34
Height of Focal Plane: 33
Characteristic and Range: Occulting white 8 seconds (5 second flash); range 3 miles.
Description of Tower: White, square, pyramidal wooden tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1901
Date Deactivated: c. 1933-34
Current Use: Destroyed