This lighthouse fell into disrepair after being decomissioned. In July 2000 it was purchased by the Municipality of Queens. After a $602,000 facelift of the lighthouse and its surroundings, a new Port Medway Lighthouse Park was opened in October 2002.
Description of Tower: White, square pyramidal wooden tower with red lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1899
Date Deactivated: 1987
Date Automated: 1967
Current Use: Part of public park.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
From Route 103: Take Exit 17A and follow for 4.5 miles (7.3 km) to the intersection with Long Cove Road. Continue a short distance to the Port Medway Lighthouse Park. The park includes interpretive signs, green spaces, gardens, benches and a lookout area.
Keepers: Samuel Thomas Foster (1899-?), George Edward McConnell (?-1961), Chesley Whynot (?), Cecil Earl Dolliver (?-1967)