Canadian Coast Guard
Construction of the two range pillars began in 1929 and was completed in 1931. The front light of the Downstream Range was initially located on the parapet of the dwelling of the Upstream Rear Light. The original structures were replaced by new pillar towers in 1964-65.
Tower Height: 65
Height of Focal Plane: 96
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white; range 18 miles.
Description of Tower: White cylindrical tower with red horizontal bands, attached to a rectangular building with a helipad on the roof, on a red, circular pier.
This light is operational
1931: White, square concrete dwelling with steel tower and square wooden lantern, on an octagonal reinforced concrete pier.
Date Established: 1931
Date Present Tower Built: 1965
Date Automated: 1970
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Keepers: Joseph Tremblay (19? - 1946), Georges Tremblay (1946-1966), Richard Tremblay (1967-1970)