Following a minor fire, the 1913 structure was modified in 1956, with the lantern being replaced by a light on a pole. The light is currently shown from a skeleton tower.
Height of Focal Plane: 34
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white; range 10 miles.
Description of Tower: 1913: White, square wooden lantern on a wooden freight shed. 1961: Red and white metal pole, 25 feet tall. 1972: Red and white square skeleton tower, 25 feet tall.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1913
Date Present Tower Built: 1972
Date Automated: 1965
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Unknown.
Keepers: Ferdinand Turgeon (1936-1965)