Canadian Coast Guard
The original rear tower here was destroyed by fire in 1904. A 110-foot skeleton tower replaced the 1904 lighthouse in 1976.
Tower Height: 110
Height of Focal Plane: 290
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white.
Description of Tower: Skeleton tower, fluorescent orange slatwork daymark, black vertical stripe.
This light is operational
1900: White, square, wooden shed, surmounted by a white, rectangular, slatted day beacon. 1904: White, steel skeleton tower, 32 feet tall, with white wooden slatwork on the side facing the channel, with a red iron lantern.
Date Established: 1900
Date Present Tower Built: 1976
Date Automated: 1963
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.