The light tower on this building was removed after the light was discontinued, but the building still served as the dwelling for the keepers of the two pierhead lights. It was sold into private hands in 1956, and there have been additions to the building since then.
Description of Tower: Originally 1 1/2 story brick dwelling with attached brick tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1839
Date Present Tower Built: 1855
Date Deactivated: 1905
Optics: Fourth order Fresnel lens (now on display at the Tri-Cities Historical Museum in Grand Haven, Michigan)
Current Use: Private residence.
Open To Public? No.
Keepers: See www.terrypepper.com/lights/michigan/grandhavenpier/keepers.htm for a list of the keepers of this lighthouse.