This lighthouse was replaced by an automatic light on a steel skeleton tower in 1934. The light was moved back to the lighthouse in March 2003. It is on the seal of the Town of Plattsburg.
Tower Height: 50
Height of Focal Plane: 75
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every 4 seconds.
Description of Tower: Conical limestone tower attached to keeper's house.
This light is operational
1838: Limestone tower.
Date Established: 1838
Date Present Tower Built: 1867
Date Deactivated: 1934-2003
Optics: 1838: 11 lamps and reflectors; 1852: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Private residence, active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
The lighthouse is not accessible to the public. It can be glimpsed from the Grand Isle Ferry.